Some of the advantages of pre-show advertising over television ads from the research project The Bigger Picture:
- 8 times more effective at making your brand stand out than television advertising
- Ads are processed more consciously when viewed in the cinema due to the immersive nature
- 3 times better recall of screenshots of cinema ads than television ads
- 4 times more likely to be emotionally engaged than a tv audience
- 2 times more likely to recall a brand than from television
Cinema advertising offers a unique opportunity to reach viewers who are interested enough in what they are going to see to pay for it and devote their full attention to one giant and immersive media source, the movie theatre.
Undivided attention is becoming increasingly rare in our multi-device and multi-screen world. Cinema advertising is one of the only places left that can have control over making sure viewers are paying attention, and is an immersive enough experience to make it hard not to pay attention.
Cinema Attendance is Rising
- From 2008 to 2014 movie attendance went up 24 percent
- ¾ people went to go see a movie in a movie theatre at least once
- Movie theatre admissions have continued to grow from 2014 through 2016
Better Return on Investment with Pre-Show Cinema Advertising
Pre-show cinema advertising has been shown to make more of an impact and to deliver a higher return on investment (ROI) and revenue ROI (RROI) across a number of studies for cinema advertising. The result was nearly double the RROI:
Cinema Pre-Show Advertising A Great Business Investment
Clearly there is a lot for small businesses to gain from advertising with local theatres. Cinema advertising offers the rare time when a viewer will be free of other devices, focusing on just one medium, and have that medium be an immersive experience for the senses. All these aspects combine to make cinema advertising a great option for standing out from the crowd.
Cinema advertising is a great way to make sure people remember your business.
Want to advertise in one of our theatres or join our theatre network?